Saturday 15th November, 2014
A biopsychosocial perspective & implications for clinical practice.
This workshop will be led by Dr. Sarah Halliday, Principal Clinical Psychologist.
- Definitions of Complex Trauma
- Associated diagnoses with Complex Trauma
- Introduction to the Biopsychosocial model
- A biological/neurological understanding of complex trauma
- A psychological understanding of complex trauma
- A social understanding of complex trauma
- How might this model inform our clinical practice? A staged approach to interventions
- Discussion: using the biopsychosocial model to explore current case material
This will be a ‘taster’ of some of the current ideas in this field. I hope to give you some stimulating issues to consider in your work
The afternoon will have a workshop format as we share one another’s rich and valuable experience and explore how the model can inform practice.