TERMS & CONDITIONS
Marches Counselling Service – Art Competition “A New Normal?”
1. The competition is being run by Marches Counselling Service (MCS), a registered charity (no. 1140780) whose registered office is at 57 St Owens Street, Hereford HR1 2JQ
2. The underlying purpose of the competition is to raise awareness of the psychological and emotional impact of Covid-19 and the
possibility of accessing low cost therapy through MCS.
3. The competition is open to residents of the County of Herefordshire and surrounding areas.
4. There is no entry fee to enter this competition.
5. By entering this competition you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. Entry to the competition is via the entry form on the website. Alternatively this can be supplied by post from the office.
7. Only one entry will be accepted per person except when also entering as part of a family group. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
8. Closing date for entry will be the last day of December 2020. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
10. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
How to enter
To enter, create an artwork based on the title “A New Normal?”. Share with us how the world looks to you now by creating an artwork that expresses your experiences, feelings, your hopes or fears.
Competition entries can be made using any medium and should be submitted in one of the following ways:
a) As a photo of artwork, a photograph or audio-visual file (maximum 15 MB) and by sending as an attachment to
b) As a hard copy photo of artwork (maximum size A4) sent via post, or
c) An actual artwork or image by post (maximum size A4)
Hard copy entries should be posted to MCS Competition, 57 St Owens Street, HR1 2JQ
Entries submitted in formats other than those named above (a-c) will not be accepted for the competition. Likewise artworks that are considered offensive or in breach of obscenity laws will be refused.
Entrants wishing have returned images sent by post must included a SAE with their entry.
Entries can be in the following catergories: age 12 and under, 13-17 years, 18 upwards and family groups. Children under 13 must obtain parents permission before submitting an entry as contact details are required. All entries whether by post or email must be submitted with an entry form stating the entrants name, age, name of parent/guardian (if entrant is under 13), address, telephone contact number and/or email address.
11. MCS as the promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of situations beyond our control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
MCS is not responsible for inaccurate prize details or information supplied to any entrant by a third party connected with this competition.
12. The main prizes for the different categories of entrants are as follows:
Family group – £300
Adult – £250
13 to 17 years – £150
12 and under – £100
Other prizes have been donated by the competition’s sponsors and are subject to availability. Sponsors are businesses or people who support the ethical position of MCS to provide affordable therapy matched to a person’s need. A list of sponsors is available on the website.
13. Winners will be chosen in the following way:
Artworks will be shortlisted from entrants in each age group by two art therapists who work for MCS
Shortlisted entries will be judged by a panel of local artists. One overall winner will be chosen from each category group.
14. Winners will be notified by email, phone or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement.
15. We will notify the winners when and how prizes can be collected or delivered.
16. Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive
jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. The winners agree to the use of their names and artwork entered for the competition to be used in any publicity material produced by MCS. This may include an online or virtual exhibition of artworks produced for the competition. Any personal data relating to the winners or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation (GDPR) and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winners’ names will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
22. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media network.
23. Funding for prizes has been generously provided through government backed lottery funding for relief of the public impact of
Covid-19. Prizes may also be sponsored by other grants and local business. However no sponsor is given access to personal
information other than that which you have given consent to be available in the public realm. (See point 19 above)